Permit / ssion rework :)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by nortoncommander, Feb 17, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Now you have another reason to be scared. :)

Wonder what they come up with? I do.

It still anoyes me that it is another secret change only disclosed when it goes live. If they stick to their famous tradition, then it goes alive with a lot of bugs. So how about the promisses? Will they stay on paper again?

2. piratlee mentioned this change last week although was non commital about time frame except it would be soon, soo could be this week maybe;)

3. Have I overlooked anything? Or do you mean that "watch out" post? :)

4. watch this space i think was mentioned soon ;):)

5. Yes, that's exactly what is called secretive behaviour. Miles away from promissed opennes (not blaming mods as they are bound by company code). Read Producer's letter and his comments. See if it complies to what he promissed. :)

6. lets wait for update then we can thank them from the bottom of our heart or?????:D

7. The quality of update is not so much the issue here although they really can't be trusted to do things right. It's empty promisses and this display of disrespect to the comunity which irritates me.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    TellusXIV likes this.
  8. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

Agree, it doesn't mater if its a good or bad patch its against what Mr S promised.
    Also I would much more like them to make old patches work before adding new patches and bugs, like making lvl4 houses work or fixing power

9. We have a small improvement in communication. :) Permit Rework info was published actually a day before the change.

Reading through the individual points it looks like a good developement to me. Appart from removed 6th and 7th Lumber Mill permit I haven't noticed anything we shouldn't like. All sounds good. :)

LoveWinter likes this.
  10. Tamy

Tamy User

I wonder, though: if more permits will be available for purchase (I assume, with MM), would we still occasionally get them as event rewards?

Well, too early to speculate...

11. Wait and see, but so far nothing suggesting this should change.

12. event rewards will probably remain the same, allthough it would be nice to have some higher value houses in the mix
    :);)

13. First impressions:
    • Houses: Extra regular seem to have reasonable price. My favourite yellow houses are over 40 more expensive. Ehrmmm .....
    • Deco: Yellow deco - some are cheeper, some more expensive. Somewhat acceptable? I think so. Extra permits for standard decos are way too expensive in my oppinion.
    • Streets: cool and cool, no more limits! :) The only undoubtedly positive change I think.
    • Yellow powerplants way too expensive. Average some 100 % price increase. Regular extras - can't see the price of any.
    Generally, without going into a detailed analysis, as I didn't record previous prices, it looks like one of the main purposes of the rework is to get more money (MM) out of your pocket. Well, I think I can live with it. What do you say?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    amaliagranata likes this.
  14. i was thinking much the same but overall i think it is a improvement :)

15. Oh my, reading the tech section .......... any major upgrade means it's time to stay away from the game. Glad I did.......... lol. So how many days later should I get back? :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

At least one thing has to be creditted to the team: Beyond any doubt they are masters in bug creating. You would have a hard time to find anybody better in this skill. :)

16. Tamy

Tamy User

I can live with this, too. I like the new design of the book -- it helps me see at a glance which permits I have, and how much they cost.
    I noticed all permits from the special section disappeared -- I had some emergency devices' permits there. Is it a bug, or was it planned?

17. I can see everything in the book. Only the empty "boxes" disappeared, as anounced.

Yes, the new design looks somewhat better. What I noticed first time though is easily confusible CC/MM purchase as they are on the same button and you have to be very carefull when you want to buy something. Looks like another way to cause more troubles with unwanted MM purchases. I'm myself starting to wonder if that could be intentional. :cool: :cool: :cool: Generally the gear towards getting more MM into their treasury is hard to be overlooked. :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  18. Tamy

Tamy User

I think there is no need for conspiracy theories here -- there were enough ways to accidentally spend MM already. Just upgraded a designer home yesterday by mistake :confused:.

Ah well, there is a certain lighthearted feeling to not having any MM left, and not being able to spend it by mistake ;). The new designer book definitely makes it clear where we can spend our MM -- another reason to feel better without any...

19. If you are on the coast you won't see the emergency devices. I still have all of them. The other permits, with 0 items (like the Event Plaza) are gone.

20. brucenic

brucenic User

Solar Power plants have gone from 30 to 158 MM. That's absolutely ridiculous. The power situation was already pathetic with the need for so many big and ugly coal plants, and now the best option to make clean, green (and space efficient) power has effectively been taken away.
    Not Happy :mad::mad::mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.