Permit / ssion rework :)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by nortoncommander, Feb 17, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK, this would suggest that 3rd bought windfarm is for 53 MM, 1st is for 47, second for 49, and "gifted" permits don't influence the price. Also we learn from this that the price increase is progressively faster. Depending on the algorythm the 4th could cost 59, or 61, or anything else as we don't know if there is a logical pattern in price increase. But at least we have some hints now. :)

2. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

I just won an Obelisk from bronze medals :)
    This can be good to compare.
    Have 6 next cost 46MM.
    5 uhm "free".
    1 win from medals.

3. brucenic

brucenic User

My 2 were from Winterfest - forgot that we did that event twice.
    So my guess is:

4. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

Won one more Wind Farm and next still 53MM.

5. LordRick

LordRick User

I bought out my original 20 permits before the rework (all cfa), next one costs 168MM. I will for sure not be buying more.

6. Just for the record, the post you respond to is about wind farms. Yours is about solar panels. But usefull info anyway. Now all we need is the price of the first, second and third one, and then we can try to figure out a formula which will take us in 20 steps to number 168. :)

7. brucenic

brucenic User

Bought another wind-farm (2nd), it was 49, next is 53 so this is holding true:

Bought another wind-farm (3rd), it was 53, next is 59 so not sure what the sequence is now:
    47,49,53,59,67,77,89.......?
    Underlined numbers known to be true.
    But I guess it will all change anyway with the X-presso rework.

Last edited by moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  8. harley9883

harley9883 User

Just wait till you get way up the food chain in this pastime activity (RC does not meet the criteria to be called a game, so I refuse to do so).

I'm constantly running short on power myself. To save on power, I always choose the 'Cut power and mood by 50%' feature, when upgrading my residentials' to level 4.

I presently have the following power sources:

1 hydro electric plant (Dam)
    6 nuclear power plants
    20 coal fired plants
    5 Hydro-Electric power plants
    8 small power plants
    2 wind farms
    22 solar panels
    2 small reactors

With all this power you would think I would be flush with power supply, but I'm barely staying in the black (above 100%).

The ONLY thing consistent about this 'pastime activity', is every player will eventually have a SHORTAGE of every thing associated with manufacturing. From farm commodities, to the breweries, to the bakeries, there is a complete disregard for the advanced player, as there is NO true leveling up system in place to keep players intrigued.

When a player reaches lever 50 (actually much much sooner) you'd thing think the rewards would reflect your leveling-up advancement, ...but they don't. It's just more of the same-o, same-o lack of imagination and creativity on RC's part.

The only leveling up system going here with RC, is the leveling-up costs for everything associated with building your city.

As more players sign-up in this activity, the greater the market place prices become. This dilemma will only get worse as more players come on board.

I'm sure the advanced players are like a revolving door, there're in for a time and then there're out as evidenced by the new rule announced for the top 100 player chart... 'IF you haven't posted your results in three months you'll be removed from the list. I have no doubt the list was long with abandoned players.

Everything about this activity for the advanced player reeks with disappointment.

If RC wants to save there 'Golden Goose', they had better address these issues. The internet is a nasty place to pull-off con-jobs, if you plan on remaining a major player in this arena.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  9. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

Its enough to keep over 75%, dunno why they think 75% = 100%
    Agree with most of what you say.
    I hit that before level 35, unlimited PP/EP, all buildings needed to do events fast and new buildings taking years to breakeven. Or as I call them after that, super expensive decorations as their only "use" is their look and a sort of achievement.
    One upgrade I have done lately was an investment of 17 000 000CC and add to that the cost of energy, mood and land. The return of that is 836CC/day and some need stuff that cost more to use then what they give. Way more then 50 years to break even.

10. harley9883

harley9883 User

I read u loud and clear! I use to calculate the return on building costs as well, but found it so depressing I don't do it anymore.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  11. marylis

marylis User

As a profit making company, it is logical that they care more for the new and middle level players, as they are the ones more eager to invest in MM (with real money) to advance their cities. An older player is more possible to get bored and drop, either way, the game, so I don't think that advanced players are their priority.

12. harley9883

harley9883 User

LOL. Thanks for the reply, but your logic is not to logical. As a business man myself your main concern is to keep as many paying customers as happy with your product for as long as you can,.. not the other way around as you have described.

You started around the time I did (a month or two earlier), but my guess is you're not at, or even near level 50 yet. For if you were, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about, and there's still another 25 levels for me to complete.

Most newcomers say something on the same order as you have until they get far enough into their city and eventually complain about the same issues. Even the die-hards eventually come around to the same conclusion.

I'd love to hear back from you when you reach level 50.

Have a great day, and thanks for your thoughts.

13. Bababandos

Bababandos User

I really agree. Up to around level 35 or 40 I regularly spent money on the game. Not loads, like a 10er a month, much enjoyed the game that way (because the $ made it a bit more fast pace/exciting) and would have advised any starting player to do the same (if they could afford, of course).

After that there was a phase when I became frustrated because I thought "hey, overall I spent this and that, the developers should do more to accomodate me (as a regular payer)".

At the moment, I am much more relaxed again. I don't buy anything but the rent collector and find it a bit amusing that it almost feels like the developers don't seem to be wanting my money anymore (as they are not offering anything else I'd like to spend it on). I still enjoy the game greatly and have developed my own strategies to keep it (to my eyes) fast paced without spending. And at the same time all the issues with bugs, communication, development (or lack thereof) don't bother me much because I am in that relaxed not-spending but still lots of fun zone.

14. marylis

marylis User

harley9883, you misunderstood my (cynical) point. I believe that the players have every reason to complain, especially the advanced ones, that have invested a lot of time, and maybe money to the game. And no, I ‘m not level 50, I ‘m level 40, but still have a lot of problems and complaints, maybe of different nature, but of the same source, which is the company’s indifference. But I have a cynical reaction to RC’s behavior. And what I do get, at level 40, is that I ‘m not at the top of the company’s priorities any more.

The same goes for the fact that I ‘m not an English or American player, and I came from a small market where there will never be an interest for the advertising companies to finance the daily function of the cinema. The last time I watched an ad was two weeks ago, and just one ad, not three, and certainly not ten!

I can complain as much as I can (and believe me I do) that I do not enjoy the same rights like players from main markets, but the end result is the same. Noone is listening. So I can either stop playing the game, or just live with it. But what I could, and did, is stop spending any real money, not even a cent, until I think that the company is taking my complaints under serious consideration.

15. harley9883

harley9883 User

Thank you marylis, I agree with your analysts, as I've done the same (no new MM purchases).

I also think RC has become far more popular in the last six month, as reflected by the market prices, with more discussion taking place as to the issues you've discussed. As a result, the newbys will be aware of these issues before starting there city, or getting to far into it, which in time will hit there bottom line as well.

Again I thank you for your thoughts, they're well received. Have a great day!

P.S. If it's OK to ask, what country do u reside in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.