Prefab home exhorbitant

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Khvjk, Mar 24, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khvjk

Khvjk User

Why has the humble Prefab become so prohibitively expensive please? Surely £344:00 greatly exceeds bounds of reason or moderation?!

MayorKhvjk | ID 9741661

2. this humble prefab is the cheapest building available.

3. Khvjk

Khvjk User

On my designer depot it is dearer than the Urban Cottage; Energy Efficient Row House; Designer Home; Modern SingleFamily Home; Suburban Home and even the Box Car Flat.
    It is £344:00!!!

4. Arsuru

Arsuru User

£344 would be about, I don't even know… about 200,000 MetroMoney, which is probably what you mean. The price in CityCredits never changes. Have you already bought any extra using MM? The price increases the more you buy, so it's possible that they will become more expensive than higher-level permits. This enforces a sort of balance and progression, but it isn't perfect.

5. Khvjk

Khvjk User

Yes, I find that the red roof tiles bespeak a better building structurally than the flats and so on, so I have added additional Prefabs, I would like to add more, but cannot afford them. Once they are upgraded the revenue is greater and more frequent than the designer buildings, so I do not know why everyone does not take this route?!

A different question; how does one get additional work gloves, I always seem to be running out of them, but cannot buy them with city money?

6. billyjim

billyjim User

Khvik To answer your second question first. The "work gloves" are production points (PP). You collect these when you collect rent at residences with workers. So to increase the number of PP's you earn, you need to make more residences housing workers. Also by meeting the needs of your workers. Having them in the delivery zone for the required commercial buildings and keep those buildings supplied increases the quantity of PP's earned. Also certain Residential Improvements increase the production of the PP's.

Now for the first question: The Prefabs are a simple basic residence. It only requires one commercial building to meet the needs of its residences. The more sophisticated and larger residences yield more Production, Education, City cash than the Prefab's and can be supported by additional commercial buildings. Yes they take longer to earn the rewards (longer rent times).

Also the higher residences yield more quest drops needed to develop the residences.

The choice is always yours. It is your city do what you will. Have fun.

7. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

Thank you Arsuru and Billyjim for helping. Are there any more questions Khvjk?

8. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Prefabs are only really profitable if you can collect every few minutes, all day, which isn't practical.

You can buy PP, EP, and CC with MM, in the treasury, but the exchange rates are a rip-off.

9. Khvjk

Khvjk User

rip-off?
    Please Explain?

10. Arsuru

Arsuru User

It just cost's way too much, for the amount you get. The best rate is 899 MM for 6,000 PP/EP/CC, which is laughable at best. It's hardly enough to do anything with, and you can just get houses that are more profitable with that much MM.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  11. Khvjk

Khvjk User

What do all the acronyms mean please?
    Am I able to view the city of other users?

12. Arsuru

Arsuru User

The words have been mentioned above: MetroMoney, CityCredits, Production Points, Education Points.

No, you can't see other cities.

13. billyjim

billyjim User

MetroMoney MM
    City Credit CC
    Production Points PP
    Education Points EP

14. Khvjk

Khvjk User

Does anyone else think it would be nice if we were able to see other cities?
    Even if only those of friends?

15. Question answered thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.