Prefab Home won't upgrade

Discussion in 'Questions & Bug Reports' started by truelinor, May 8, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. truelinor

truelinor User

I have one Prefab Home that simply will not upgrade. I click on the "Upgrade" button and instead of giving me a green check mark, it just greys out. It doesn't take the 7300 in CityCredits either. What can I do?

If you like, I can provide screenshots, however, if you go into my city, the house in question is in the Rural area at the top of the screen, the furthest house to the left and the only one that needs upgrading at the moment.

2. Evilviper

Evilviper User

does it have a road attached to it? Do you have the coins to pay for the upgrade? Is it ready to upgrade (have you done the tasks to prepare it for an upgrade?

If all these are yes, I would close the game, delete cookies, open the game, then try again.

Please provide screenshots if it still persists.

3. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

Thank you Evilviper. I have checked out your game and can not figure out the house in question. Do you mean the mountain area or suburbian area, or the main screen. Or do you mean the log cabin in the main field. Which has been upgraded and is ready for residents.

Another cause of this issue is there is a time lag between the servers at Big Point and your computer, usually time is in milliseconds, but occasionaly it takes a few minutes to sync back up. Or, trouble with the internet connection.

Thank you Evilviper for the superb answer.

4. truelinor

truelinor User

Evilviper:
    does it have a road attached to it? Yes.
    Do you have the coins to pay for the upgrade? Yes.
    Is it ready to upgrade (have you done the tasks to prepare it for an upgrade? Yes, it is ready. Not sure about what tasks you are referring to though. It has the double arrows though.

If all these are yes, I would close the game, delete cookies, open the game, then try again. I have closed the game, turned off my computer and restarted it. I do not know how to delete cookies and not sure what that will do if I do it to any of my other settings...?

Please provide screenshots if it still persists. Right - see below.

SC:
    I have checked out your game and can not figure out the house in question. Do you mean the mountain area or suburbian area, or the main screen. Or do you mean the log cabin in the main field. Which has been upgraded and is ready for residents.

I mean the Prefab house in the Suburban area (I said "Rural" which wasn't quite right.) It is at the top of the map with a bunch of other Prefab houses, the one at the far left in the group and, as I said, the only one that needs upgrading at the moment.

Another cause of this issue is there is a time lag between the servers at Big Point and your computer, usually time is in milliseconds, but occasionaly it takes a few minutes to sync back up. Or, trouble with the internet connection.

OK, but it doesn't say the Internet has been disconnected. And I left the screen below up on my computer for at least 10 minutes and it still didn't change anything.

Here's the screnshot:

[​IMG]

See? I have already clicked the "Start" button, but it doesn't turn to a green check mark and I can't go on to the next thing I need to do in order to upgrade it.

5. s.c.lynx

truelinor - I have found the correct house, I beleive, but you do not have enough cc's to upgrade the house at this time. So I can not see what is going on with the house

6. truelinor

truelinor User

Sorry about that - I did have when I took that screenshot though. And I have over 34,000 now and I promise not to spend them any time soon. I'll be going to bed here soon, so I won't be able to spend them while asleep! :D I just hope I remember when I log in tomorrow! I'll try!

7. s.c.lynx

I sent this issue up the chain so it might be a few days before it gets resolved. I will let you know when I get an answer back.

8. truelinor

truelinor User

Thank you! I'll check back. :)