Producer's Letter: Special Edition

Discussion in 'Game Discussions & Feedback' started by -Wizz-, Mar 20, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

The scale is not yet final and we want to avoid any confusion until such decision is final.

All quests that require or reward X-presso will be changed, this includes mastery challenges. As to the partially completed challenges, i have forwarded this inquiry to our dev team.

2. gus_f1

gus_f1 User

I understand, once the decision is final, hopefully this will be communicated to us.

Thank you Wizz - much appreciated.

3. kuroyany

kuroyany User

I'm loathed to start a new thread seeing there are a few MM related threads. Today being Mega XP day made me think. Would it be be too much to ask for x% rent & revenue increase for the 24 hr period to be tied into Mega XP day? It would certainly make parting with a few £s more attractive than it is now.

4. harley9883

harley9883 User

I just purchased your 'Special', a 10,000 metro-money pack for 24.99. I received less than 1500 instead. Anyone else having this problem

5. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Please post your issue along with your user ID in our Technical Section and we will solve this for you.

Last edited by moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  6. harryhamza

harryhamza User

ID- 4568412
    for the users who are under 18 and are from other cultures the game could be kept simple and not to many adult things.
    please take my request
    harryhamza

expreso is an important part of the game and is sad that it has been removed

QueenVee likes this.
  7. BigMayor

BigMayor User

Thank U so very much for ruining the game completely. Enough is enough

QueenVee likes this.
  8. harley9883

harley9883 User

Hi Big Mayor.

I feel your anguish, it's becoming obvious that RC has no concept of what a true leveling-up gaming experience is all about. I swear, these guys are flying by the seat of their pants.

It's obvious RC is being built around the concept of how much money they can extract from each player (clientele) than they are about providing a truly rich gaming experience. So therefore I do not consider RC a game, as much as a money machine!

As everyone knows by now (advanced players), RC has a huge Huge HUGE bakery issue at hand, which they seem to be deliberately avoiding to address. They also have a brewery issue brewing (no pun intended). This brewery issue will quickly create a farm production issue as well.

The Event Games (for advanced players) is a huge joke too. Players who take the time to evaluate the market place value of the products RC requests in their event games, know they can double or triple the RC reward amount by selling into the market place instead. Case in point: In the last 'Art Deco' game, the products RC was asking for (in step one) was worth 175,000 city credits in the Market Place, ..the RC reward,...a measly 20,000 city credits and a few experience points. I only play them if they're offering a power plant, or a very special building permit. At this stage in my game (pun intended), most of what they offer is useless junk to the advanced player.

My Conclusions: At present anyway, RC is nothing more than a clever money pit. There will be NO more metro purchases from this player, until they FIX the bakery issue, and offer a real 'level up' solution to the other manufacturing production issues in this so-called game.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  9. MerlinK1X

MerlinK1X User

Hello Guys,

I'am French players and would share with you my studies about the price increasing after X-Presso removing.

The new price for time reduction are following the curve hereafter.
    This price is only depending of remaining time and is strictly the same for each kind of production
    [​IMG]

Other information are available (in French) on the following post:
    http://fr.bigpoint.com/risingcities...eur-edition-speciale.18726/page-6#post-480206

Have a nice game
    Merlin

Steve63 likes this.
  10. Blindtiger

Blindtiger User

Does Bit Points, which is based in Germany, actually print these messages in English or do they use translation software to turn messages in German into English. And which English language are they using, British or American? Or the bane of most people, business law legalese?

11. billyjim

billyjim User

Good point, good question. English is such a varied language depending on where the reader or listener is from.

12. marylis

marylis User

A foreigner (like me) can’t get the exact differences, and a German even less. As for the company, the way I see it, is that they understand, and they listen, what they want, if they want, and if it suits them.

TellusXIV and nortoncommander like this.
  13. billyjim

billyjim User

Marylis may I try to explain. English unlike most languages is taught one way and is used completely differently. The use of terms and meanings vary depending on where and to whom you are speaking to. Most persons who learn English as a second language learn the text book English of the classroom. Most people speak and write English in dialects not understood by persons not in their group. This leads to the same word having multiple, contradicting and changing meanings.

This means that a person from Scotland sounds and speaks differently than someone from Australia, India, Texas, Jamaica, Canada, or England. Sorry for the long answer and incomplete answer, but people have written Doctoral Thesis and books on this subject. Hope this helped.

wildheart50122 and marylis like this.
  14. marylis

marylis User

I know. In my first american exam I lost credit for writing centre and not center. Still it puzzles me o_O
    Personally I love the sound of the scottish and the aussie accent, even if I don't understand anything. :D

wildheart50122 likes this.
  15. Tamy

Tamy User

Well, English is not more varied than other languages (even in a small land like the Netherlands, you will find dialects that are not consistent with the "official" language, and are almost incomprehensible to non-speakers). The difference is that English became the modern lingua franca, and is quickly acquiring new, reduced, versions used by non native speakers.
    Which means, I think, that BP should make itself comprehensible in English notwithstanding local dialects, and that this is possible. I think many, many people on this forum are not native English speakers. We seem to understand each other fine.

marylis likes this.
  16. billyjim

billyjim User

Tamy Your are right thanks to the British Empire and then the American Dominance after World War two English has become the modern lingua franca. The problem is that unlike many languages, French comes to mind first for me, there is no "official" English language. There is no body or group that regulates the development of English. So the English is a dynamic language and changes and morphs daily. Do to the development and history of the language English has over twice as many words as most other languages and adds several thousand words every year. ugh. Not to mention our grammar and syntax.

We generally do understand one another it sometimes just takes a while and may require some extra explanation. :D:D:D

17. Blindtiger

Blindtiger User

And American English borrows heavily from other countries various words and phrases. And spelling American English is a minor nightmare. There are a bunch of spelling rules and only one doesn't have an exception.

18. Tamy

Tamy User

This is news to me. Which spelling rule in English does not have an exception?:D

19. billyjim

billyjim User

English is a mishmash of different languages over the last four thousand years. Not just American English. All English is this way. Just follow English history and you can follow the changes in the language.

Start with Anglo, add some Saxon, add a dash of Celt, Welsh, Scot, Irish, then Force some Latin and Greek, bludgeon it with some Scandinavian tongues, then conquer it with Norman (almost French), rule over it with Scotish then German, bring in items from an empire spanning the globe. There you have the current state of English. Yes I left out several hundred steps in the process for brevity.

wildheart50122 likes this.
  20. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

We do not use translator programs for any posting on this forum.
    Please stay on topic or this thread will be closed.