Producer's Letter: Special Edition

Discussion in 'Game Discussions & Feedback' started by -Wizz-, Mar 20, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. juli1308

juli1308 User

Guess he is still captured in the dreamland of RC- wish I could be there as well.. but I'm only an simple p(l)ayer ...

tyasia123 likes this.
  2. billyjim

billyjim User

I suggested a wake for X-presso maybe we should have one for Seph. We better call out the search and rescue squads. He has been missing for a long time.

tyasia123 likes this.
  3. Seph might have been just a BP artificial inteligence project, a peace of code to entertain us for a while. When you check the language it sounds a bit like that anyway. Sometimes the sentences don't fit in smoothly. These AI machines are not perfect yet. :) And it was probably programmed to self-destruct if too much negative feedback received. :)

4. billyjim

billyjim User

RIP Seph You will be missed :(

5. Don't cry. The coders are said to be working on the code and soon there sure will be another and "improved" version of this app. :D :D :D

6. billyjim

billyjim User

Are these the same developers who are working on the updates to this game? So completion will be some time in the future. The next few decades or is that centuries. All in fun guys.

7. There are some guys working on updates ? ? ? Truly shocking ! ! !

8. -MrMungo-

-MrMungo- User

What updates? :eek:
    Don't think there's been a worthwhile update since the mountains...so ummm 2 months now?

9. wizardelo

wizardelo User

i had another read on the 2nd producer letter trying to separate things that have been done from the TODO list and things that havent happened yet

so far whats been done:
    confirmation layer for MM - CHECK - i love this feature, never accidentally spend any MM since then
    -more low level tasks (i actually tried a 2nd account and there were a lot of quests i never had when i started my first acc, but i got bored doing another city) - CHECK
    - rent collector improvements - CHECK - its still expensive but its a lot better
    - new playfield(s) - CHECK - with suburb and mountains additions
    - new loot-o-matic content - CHECK - the fact that i can still play wheel without buying tokens, just the ones won from events and city hall is great

partial things done:
    - new events - we've only seen 3 new events this year, winter games, rock fest, world cup party
    - new quests for high level player - i remember some new quests poped up a while back, but nothing since then. after level 50 its pretty much boring sailing. the only thing that keeps me going is my upgrade projects for more population and the elusive lumbermil/farm rewards at 65/75

while im very grateful for these changes from the producer list, there are only 2 things that have not happened :RI workshop and Social Features (no info or hint of such things being worked on)

It's been 2 months since mountains was introduced and along with it a good deal of problems:

- connection problems
    - city wheel problems
    - emergency system problems
    - cinema problems
    - unable to finish task problems (this has like 4 months and its still not addressed...)

with the risk of repeating myself....
    its been 2 months Mr Devs and all who care about this game, and you have not done anything, summer is slowly coming to an end, how about u get back to your desks and work a little bit for the player who pay your salary by buying those MM. Things done go away on their own, you cant stick your heads in the sand and hope it goes away. that's now how programming works!

marylis and TellusXIV like this.
  10. So is there still any development going on? Does this game have any future? :)

11. tzikontzi

tzikontzi User

Hi, I am a new player, and english is not my native language, so I 'm sorry for any mistakes.
    I have started playing just two months ago. And I have already started to regret my choice of the game because of the problems.
    Since the beginning, I don't have daily trees (none!), I have never played the city wheel because it doesn't work, the emergency system haven't started giving me incidents and of course the cinema also doesn't work.
    The mediators on my forum told me to be patient, and that the technical staff are doing their best, but I 'm wondering how many months I should wait.
    And a question for the older mayors: is it common in this game for the problems to take so long to be solved?

12. billyjim

billyjim User

tzikontzi you need to document your incidents of when this happens under the help sections or send in an incident report directly. But, I have had problems with all of these systems but the moderators have always got the issue fixed for me with in one day. Our moderators are awesome (Thanks guys). Make sure you list your ID and number when posting an issue. Good luck.

tzikontzi likes this.
  13. tzikontzi

tzikontzi User

thanks for your advice billyjim

14. Jjnones

Jjnones User

I think it would be awesome for those who recently started and missed bonus code to be able to use one code that has some of the items from the previous codes as well as benefits. I have not been playing that long and realized there were codes that I could not use because I was not playing. so I believe it will help out those who are starting and gives them something to look forward to.

15. billyjim

billyjim User

Sadly most bonus codes are given out to say "sorry we made a mistake and here is a code to make up for the problem". So the bonus codes do not happen very often. :( I do not remember the last bonus code. I think it was six or eight months ago. Just looked it up it was back in early January. That was for when the Winter Festival event crashed in the middle of its run making it almost impossible for anyone to complete. So bonus codes are rare gems to be cherished and valued. :)

16. -MrMungo-

-MrMungo- User

We should be due about a dozen of them any day now then? ;)

wizardelo likes this.
  17. wizardelo

wizardelo User

most recent bonus code i was expecting was for the missing champagne bottles.. if it hasnt arrived yet, i bet its not coming... :( so so sad

18. This is the biggest problem: That they don't tell us what they are up to.
    If they would tell us what they plan to update, we could come up with ideas and they would go through the code only once before update. Instead, they chose to work in secret, they come with something cool but which need to be polished, and then they need to go again through the code and add some elements from our ideas.

19. What I had in mind is code clean up. I think, it has been messed up when first coded, no propper documentation to it etc., so now they are trying to make some sense of it and rewrite it in such a way that it doesn't behave in an unpredictable way when they add another element to the game. Just my guess from observing the game behaviour. Well, not just a guess. They mentioned something to that meaning, but it's probably taking a lot longer then what they expected. If that is so, you wouldn't advertise "repairing" code for 5 months, would you. :)

20. billyjim

billyjim User

Actually I would respect them a whole lot more if they did just that. Rather than just hide everything from us. That is like an eight year old playing in the house and breaking the treasured family heirloom and hiding the pieces and hoping no one will notice that it is missing. Sorry we all notice. :D

TellusXIV likes this.