Question about the Rent Collector

Discussion in 'Questions & Bug Reports' started by truelinor, Mar 15, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. truelinor

truelinor User

I have used the Rent Collector a time or two a long time ago, but I was just wondering exactly how it works. That is, when it collects the rent, does it fill your commercial buildings with whatever they need when they run out too? Of course, provided you have the items in stock? Or should you go around to all of them and fill them up before you run it so none of them runs out when the Rent Collector collects the rent?

2. guyjean1

guyjean1 User

Once your rents are collected, you must feed yourself your commercial buildings ;)

Une fois tes loyers collectés, tu dois alimenter toi même tes bâtiments commerciaux ;)

truelinor likes this.
  3. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

guyjean1 - Thank you once again for a timely and accurate answer.

truelinor and guyjean1 like this.
  4. truelinor

truelinor User

"Once your rents are collected, you must feed yourself your commercial buildings ;)"

But what about before? What I'm trying to figure out is, what happens to the rent if your commercial buildings do not have enough supplies. However, I just looked at the game and I guess the Rent Collector does just that - collect the rent regardless of the "Need fulfillment revenue". That's a separate matter, I suppose. So, if I had to guess, I would say the Rent Collector does not fill up your commercial buildings as they become empty. Am I right?

5. s.c.lynx

truelinor - The rent collector only collects rents, nothing else. The mayor has to fill the commercial buildings from inventory. The rent collected is based on the needs being fulfilled, and improvements installed.

truelinor likes this.
  6. guyjean1

guyjean1 User

I thought my answer was clear though!
    As its name suggests, the rent collector only collects

Je pensais que ma réponse était claire pourtant !
    Comme son nom l'indique, le collecteur de loyer ne fait que collecter

truelinor likes this.
  7. truelinor

truelinor User

Sorry, guyjean1, it's not you, it's me. I'm just a little slow and I have a tendency not to pay attention to the actual names of things, which is what I think I was doing. I was confusing the Rent with the Needs Fulfillment Revenue, which are two totally different things. (They just seem to go together to me.)

8. guyjean1

guyjean1 User

truelinor likes this.
  9. s.c.lynx

glad to help and do not worry about any questions you have. That is the main purpose of the Forum

truelinor likes this.