Restore boulder spawn rate!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by wizardelo, Mar 7, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

How do you feel about new "once a day" boulder spawn?

1. It feels the same, i'm ok with it.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. It is a lot worse then before, change it back!

63 vote(s)
    98.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billyjim

billyjim User

Just logged in and got the first round of normal spawned growth since the update. Hopefully the problem has been solved. Will see tomorrow. Thanks for the improvement.

2. dahlinaah

dahlinaah User

I experience a heavy setback, since I dont get anything near same outlet as before the upgrade.
    However, I'm sure it will be corrected as I recall that the team wrote, that there would be no difference from before upgrade and now. (- but for sure that hasn't been the case for days now.)
    So please change it back - I understand that you'd like us to spend more MM and that that's the whole idea - but in a simmergame, you should never charge the tasks which 'only' reward online time, more accounts means more money for the game - I'm sure you realize that.

With that said - thumbs up for the one click option when collecting - thats really an improvement.

/dahlinaah

3. Geflin

Geflin User

Love the one click and ten second thing. However, I am now NOT getting a load of lumber, beams, and xpresso I used to get from driftwood and cans....and do not like this daily spawn rate. There are too few spawns, especially since almost all my available land is covered. Keep the one click but return to the old spawn rate please.

4. Tamy

Tamy User

Well, I would like to see the old spawn rate return, but can understand that someone else would be happier without the daily cleaning chore. What I miss most, though, are the trees. Just erased one by mistake, and I know it would take ages, if at all, to see it return. Please BP -- some of us need the spawn not just for resources, but to design our cities. Bring back the forest!

5. momEva

momEva User

I, too, am dissapointed by the new drop rate for driftwood/trees and the speed ups. (not sure what you call them.. oil barrels and trash balls?)

That said, the new "on click" bit is GREAT!!!!!!

I used to accidentally use up metro money when my computer was slow (lost probably 30 that way.. yeah, a LOT). Now that is over. Also, it does just plain save time.

KUDOS on the one click bit.

6. momEva

momEva User

You do get trees in your decorations. You have to buy them, of course, but they add positive mood, which the "spawned" trees do not.

7. Since my last post about spawnrate in Producer's letter discussion I had zero barrels. :) Which makes it 1 or two barrels in about 2 weeks time. I guess my 10 % estimate is more then justified. :)

8. -MrMungo-

-MrMungo- User

I got 3 barrels yesterday, so still think your 10% guess is way off.

9. billyjim

billyjim User

I know it is suppose to be random but I still have not received a barrel since the update. Trees and shrubs yes, barrels no. So I am jealous.

10. :) You must be very lucky. My estimate is still too generous for billyjim. :)

11. marylis

marylis User

Now that the xpresso will be replaced by MM (I don't know why, but I sense another tricky change) the rate will fall from 10% to 0%

12. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

To generous for me to. Have had 2 in 2w vs about 2/day, so imo its under 10%.
    Maybe I shouldn't complain so much and BP may give me more "luck" to :rolleyes:

13. momEva

momEva User

May be cooincidence, but I used to notice drops-- driftwood, etc -- right next to buildings. Now it seems mostly in more "open" water. Where I have several buildings, I get nothing.

14. TCRooster

TCRooster User

Still no barrels for me since the change:(

15. Forget about barrels. X-presso is being removed from the game anyway.

The huge shame is that they didn't bother to tell us, keep it all secret, let us post all these threads and questions, and still talk about openness. I think it shows really critical disrespect for the comunity.

16. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

Wall of silence is still standing strong :mad:
    Yet an other change of something that player where pleased with and that worked fine.

17. I have to admit that despite all the negatives the bolder rework brought I now like bolder parts of events which I avoided prviously. At least this positive thing remains with us. :) Hopefuly. For some time. Until gods of the game decide it's actualy upseting the game economy balance and make it bad again. :D :rolleyes: :D

Well no, they won't do that, as too much spawn overloaded their servers. :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  18. billyjim

billyjim User

Nortoncommander has made a good final assessment of the boulder drop and spawn rate. We did have a hard and long adjustment period. Still a few negatives but over all it has been good. So Nortoncommander what is the correct rites and rituals to keep the gods happy! :rolleyes::D:p

19. They are like Greco-Roman gods. No matter what you do, it can always go wrong. They'll never stop playing these games with mere mortals. :)

20. billyjim

billyjim User

So we are looking at an animal sacrifice. That is good finding a virgin for a human sacrifice is so hard to do these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.