Return Expresso

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by hawkeyespike, Apr 4, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bababandos

Bababandos User

I don't even think they generally want to slow production down, but that they are paving the way for a different production increase, a somewhat more controlled/balanced way. And maybe even a "more fair" way as in a Level 50 player can benefit more than a Level 30 player.

What I mean is that before (= with X-Presso) e.g. a Level 30 player could make a fortune of CC by let's say regularly producing tiles and reducing production time to 2h with only 3 X-Presso per facility. X-Presso were relatively easy to come by but also were relatively cheap to buy for MM.

Now let's say they wanted to introduce five more brickyards or a feature that allows you to double production (and these are things that a lot of players have been asking for), the same player could make that CC fortune even bigger. Yes, he'd have to use more X-Presso, but again, they were relatively cheap.

It's not just the CC fortune, they same player could also have used the same method to use materials to build his city much quicker. I think that even though on the one hand BP certainly doesn't mind when players pay extra to progress, but at the same time they sort of want to control the "frame" of possible progress. And with X-Presso that was rather hard/pretty much impossible to control.

This is just my opinion trying to read between the lines/making sense of the update mixed with a bottle of hope :D If I am on the right track, I'd still would like to see them communicating this stuff better and giving players a more vivid/less blurry glimpse at future developments.

2. billyjim

billyjim User

@Bababandos interesting insight, I hope you are right. I also agree that a clearer view of the future would relieve a lot of the speculation and stress. You have given us a great deal to think about. Thanks.

3. Forget stress. :) Go and enjoy real life like me. :)

4. Ironkat

Ironkat User

Yes, now that the x-presso is gone, I have found myself with a lot of time to do other things. I am not tied to the computer every hour or two. Now that I do not do the events much anymore. My cross-stitch is starting to look like a real picture. YYEEEAAAHHH!!! That is the only plus for not having the x-presso.

5. billyjim

billyjim User

I agree Nortoncommander the garden is looking less shabby for me. The cats are starting to pretend that I actually have more to do than clean the liter box, fill the food and water bowls. So we will see what the future will bring.

6. -damidami-

-damidami- User

Enjoy your life, and play the game every time you want, but first... there are many and many important things to do, than play this game ^-^''
    however, I always like this game, even x-presso! I made a lot of upgrades, without using x-pressos or MM ^_____^
    Good for me! And I think this Sunday I'll be at 43° Lev.

happy life to all of you;););)

7. to be honest i think they will do something about it,the reason i think they will change it is because everyone was angry at the emergency department and so many people were angry they created the option to be able to deactivate it im sure they will sort it out but before but to make that happen we need to make more complaints

8. ERS was a bit different case then X-presso. While ERS was (and still is) a real nuisance for many, missing X-presso is just a missing speed up option, not real nuisance. Whatever happens, I would expect them to take a long long time to let the changes sink in and evaluate them. I liked X-presso, but I can easily understand their reasoning behind the removal, however flawed it might seem from our point of view. Hence I don't realy expect any hasty change in this respect. I too am letting the changes sink in before pushing in any direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.