Rising Cities 'system'

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Imbruglio, Mar 18, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arsuru

Arsuru User

You certainly do seem to enjoy arguing. Seems you search for it, even. I get where you are coming from, but discussion can be intellectual and constructive without need for strictly opposing sides/opponents.

If you can't tell the difference between hardcore and casual games/gamers, then I wonder how you ended up doing something as hardcore as writing an app for a casual game to min-max your experience, which is a pretty hardcore thing to do. Not that there isn't overlap in both, but there are certainly differences and points where overlap would be unlikely at best. Some people just won't even try to complete certain games, or aspects of games, because only dedicated, or hardcore gamers will. Some push for records comparable to a digital Everest and compete professionally. The most elite of us die in front of our beloved games. Especially now that video games are played by more and more people, the hardcore are definitely a minority. For some people, simplified gameplay and easy mode are enough. They only want the story, etc, not a significant challenge. This is applicable to any type of game, video or not.

captain123456 and Andrewjf like this.
  2. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Yeah, a ton of people don't know a thing about programming, and a lot of gamers wouldn't write a tool to min-max, or even care about min-maxing. I'm not saying there is a clean divide, but there are definite differences and they have existed long before video games. This isn't about developing for a supposed demographic, it's about what people do with games. Sequence breaking, speed runs, 100%, permadeath modes, etc. Some go the extra mile, and are dedicated to games, or even certain games, some just play games now and then, or don't push limits. Like some people exercise and some people do body building.

captain123456 likes this.
  3. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Yeah, that is what I was saying, in less words.

4. billyjim

billyjim User

Which is something I have always supported that this game is enjoyable, and challenging to a broad spectrum of people. Which is why I love the game so much. Yes I started the game as a city building game with a lot of clicking fun, went through a serious planning phase, then into an aesthetic phase, now am looking for a balance of all of the above. I still enjoy the time I spend here. I do say I am not trying to win anything at this time just keep going. That may make me different from most but that is how I play the game. Play the game how ever you wish.

5. billyjim

billyjim User

I have never been bored! So I must be doing something right.

captain123456 and Krassandra like this.
  6. billyjim

billyjim User

That one of the meanings of when I say "play the game how you like to play it". Do what you enjoy doing and do that. If you get tired of clicking on buildings to collect rent. Change the appearance of the city and redecorate. That is what I love about Rising Cities. There are so many ways to enjoy yourself in the game. :D

7. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Have there been posts removed from this thread ? Top three posts are a little confusing o_O

8. billyjim

billyjim User

Not that I can tell. The first post is asking what kind of system other players use to deveop their cities and a description of the procedure that Imbruglio uses. The second post is Arsuru describing his methods and the third is my methodology. Does that help clear up the confusion. We each use a different approach to the same problem. To me that is the beauty of the game, we each can develop and use our own means to solve the problems at hand and there is no single answer to the problems involved.

9. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Thanks Billy, but not really. I should clarify: the top 3 posts on this page are all from Arsuru, but (at least on my pc) he is responding to non existent posts with no quotes. Maybe it's me that's glitching. Never mind, not that important. Taa :)

10. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Looks like many of the posts belonging to a certain member got deleted.

11. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Thanks Arsuru, I thought I was going crazy. That makes sense of the non sense :)

12. Geflin

Geflin User

*looks skyward sheepishly, toes ground nervously* Umm, no Andrewjf, you're not going crazy; Arsuru would be correct.

13. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Ooops, perhaps I should have stayed in the garage! :oops:

14. billyjim

billyjim User

Sorry I miss understood now that I read through the whole list I see what you mean and yes there are postings missing. Only the original poster or a moderator can delete the postings and the moderators usually would have left a comment saying the posts were deleted. :oops::rolleyes:

captain123456 and Andrewjf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.