rotating buildings

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by haemophile, Dec 13, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haemophile

haemophile User

it would make space conservation a lot better if you could rotate buildings prior to placement

2. momad

momad User

ya great idea. that could really help with organizing my town. more space with the 3x2 area building

3. It has been known as a cool idea for a long time, suggested several times already. And hopefully, one day, they get to actualy implementing it, together with other cool ideas that could enhance the comfort and enjoyment of this game. :)

I have just bought a Yacht and with that the need for rotation tool become even more emphatic. Kind of spoils the fun if you can't position it the way you want to. And I think when I get to Hammock and Rowboat the issue will repeat.

Last edited by moderator: Feb 25, 2014
  4. Railman73

Railman73 User

yeah being able to rotate would make things better ;)

5. i totally agree as well.
    beeing able so that we rotate buildings, would help a lot at arraging them so that we save more spaces for something else.

6. TCRooster

TCRooster User

I would like to rotate buildings too.

7. Wadders63

Wadders63 User

I'll add my vote for rotating buildings.

8. Rotating button would be really useful tool to have. BP have it on Skyrama, one of their other games, so I know they know how to write the code for it.
    I suppose one of these times when updates are made we will log on and find out the Dev's have listened to some of the great ideas that come up here in the forums. I hope this is one of them.

9. Yes, good idea. I have 3x2 houses which I can't put where I want to put them.

10. LoveWinter

LoveWinter User

One I love Skyrama and two they so need to add this to Rising Cities

11. Arketec

Arketec User

Rotating buildings would make the game much better.

12. brucenic

brucenic User

Not sure how that would work. Most of the 3x2 and 2x3 it is the FRONT of the building we see. How would it work if we were looking at their backs?
    Or do you only want 2 views; just so you can fit them in? i.e. 2x2 and 3x3 don't need to rotate?

13. Full rotation wouldn't mean any problem. Backs of the houses are nice too. Well, if the devs made them nice. :) And it means a bit more variety. :)

14. wallykool

wallykool User

This would be great!

15. billyjim

billyjim User

Being able to rotate would make all of our lives awesome. Especially if you could rotate an existing building not just a new one.

gewnyerd likes this.
  16. I would love to have rotating buildings. Right now I'm working on setting up commercial buildings just for the awkward Designer Duplexes. I really dislike having to put them in their own section because they don't fit with the others.

gewnyerd likes this.
  17. possibly another solution would be to have all residences with the same floor plan have the same commercial premises for meet the needs, i think that is what we are trying to achieve in the end:);)

18. I'd rather go for that rotation tool. :)

gewnyerd likes this.
  19. Tamy

Tamy User

This idea has been around a long, long time. Every time someone brings it up, there is general enthusiasm. I assume therefore that there is some reason it is not yet implemented (and this is why I suggested the less-than-optimal option of multiple flipped versions in another thread). Maybe, in his next letter, our developer could address this point? Just tell us if this is feasible or not.

20. billyjim

billyjim User

I agree with you Tamy I was also trying to offer simpler fixes than a full rotation capability for every structure. We will have to wait and see what the developers can come up with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.