Sending a Clear Message

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Geflin, Mar 7, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Good Business or Bad Business: Does BP need to address player issues better?

1. Yes, there are actions/inactions by management I feel are bad business.

96.0%
  2. No, I see only good business practices by management.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other (Please state what in a reply to the post)

4.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Sometimes, clearly, it is better to say nothing at all around here. There will be no further comment from me. Enjoy

2. MAP131

MAP131 User

I just started this game but from what I've read it seems that players have reason to want news about what is going on with this game.

I would also like to know.

3. harley9883

harley9883 User

I'm not sure why you used the word protagonists. Protagonist(s) are the central characters in a story, novel, play, etc: the protagonist of Huckleberry Finn is — guess who? — Huckleberry Finn.

If you are saying those who voted are the main protagonists (characters) in the RC game, then the message is quite clear. The protagonists of RC (users who voted) are not happy with the direction BP is taking RC. ;):rolleyes::oops::D

Anyway, ..Game on, ..have a great day!

Geflin likes this.
  4. Jess

Jess User

Protagonist "an advocate or champion of a particular cause or idea" :rolleyes:

Geflin likes this.
  5. harley9883

harley9883 User

Maybe! lol, Have a great day Jess!

6. honeywest

honeywest User

Now, now, boys! Do I have to get the wooden spoon? (lol can you tell I am a mom and now a grandma?) The meaning of protagonist fits perfectly, Andrew. (piche maybe you thought he meant antagonist?) Here is the dictionary meaning of protagonist:

1. the leading character, hero, or heroine of a drama or other literary work.
    2. a proponent for or advocate of a political cause, social program, etc.
    3. the leader or principal person in a movement, cause, etc.

I think we protagonists of this game fit those meanings quite well. Just remember, pro means for (positive) and anti means against (negative).

7. billyjim

billyjim User

Watch that wooden spoon. Now that could be considered child abuse. Or, would that be Protagonist abuse. :p That would make you the Antagonist of this story. Which we know you are not. I am so confused :confused: Okay now let us all sing "Kumbaya" together. Make peace not war and all that sixties sounding noise. :rolleyes: :D :cool:

honeywest likes this.
  8. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Maybe now that Germany finally has an actual minimum wage to enforce it's hurting BP. That could explain a lot. Maybe they canned people. Maybe that was the restructuring they mentioned. Because they don't want to pay them. So now we have a stagnating game, as far as we can see. Or they all got moved to that Game of Thrones MMO that nobody has heard anything about for years that would obviously be way more profitable. You're killing your own game and fanbase, BP. Are you trying to get to people to quit? Or hoping old players will leave at least so you can milk newer, more ignorant ones? Though I imagine most players don't last long or even bother with the forums. Such it is with these kinds of consumption-oriented games.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game. I wouldn't say much otherwise. It's a decent way to busy myself during breaks and much of the development has been good, and it would be a bummer to see it go, especially after so long. I still have some faith in BP getting over whatever corporate crap they seem to be in and getting back to RC. I know a lot of comments have been negative, but when things work there is usually nothing to say.

That said, I understand that things happen, but even I am getting a little tired of this. Especially, to me it seems unfair and unreasonable to have to ask mods that volunteer to fix my city every few weeks because all the upgrading throws everything out of balance due to a bug that has been present for months. Now multiply that by however many players… I'm not even begging for all-new content, just fix/update what is present to start with. Personally, I would like to think the fault is mostly with the management/producers, not the developers, but then, I don't think these bugs would be hard to fix or need much testing. It functions enough to stay online, thus generate money.

Things used to be a lot more active. There was weekly maintenance. The devs seemed competent and fixes were speedy, but you know, bureaucracy. Oh, the things I've seen that never make it into a final game due to publishers… BP seems to get a lot of negative comments as a company from what I've seen. I suspect developers are shared between games too, so at least that would make some sense here. Maybe their roadmap just got interrupted and we should have had more by now. Feels that way sometimes. It's like the game is on life-support for now. Even the RC FB/Twitter just stopped pretty much as soon as it started. Wonder how other BP games are faring. Hmm. Better, from the looks of the boards. So maybe it's mostly just RC. Don't play any of their others myself.

I really don't understand these actions. As has been said countless times, some communication is probably all it takes. Progress report, or what have you. Most of us can probably understand. RC isn't a demanding game, compared to the MMOs BP makes, for example. It can't need nearly as much money or time to maintain and develop. Most major developments lately point to making players spend more. Not bad in itself, but I generally don't like the way it's being done; i.e. making players desperate over introducing quality content that is fairly and obtainable.

As stated by many, the the bonus code was a joke of a compensation for what happened with login, and I wasn't even affected. Better bonuses have been offered for much smaller problems in the past. Even the recent Valentine's event rewards look hastily assembled from pieces of the previous one and are blurry in comparison. Not that I dislike the results otherwise, but it's almost like a desperate attempt; a secret message to show that they are still here. Or perhaps it's just to placate us.

@fred1471 I don't know if you've looked into it, but if you want strategic war games, offline ones might suit your time constraints better and many have muliplayer. I could drop names, but considering that some of the most known franchises also offer online games it may be inadvisable as per ambiguous rules. Just search for real-time or turn-based strategy/tactics, or even 4X.

@harley9883 Yes, the rewards need adjusted. Particularly, booster exclusives. The New England Colonial in particular is just unfair, as it is limited by shooting stars. I think the other rewards in comet packs seem fair enough, the problem is the limited availability combined with possible future additions. You can end up locked out of rewards that are readily in the game. I saw a suggestion on the French boards proposing a replacement of regular medals with shooting stars, and you just pay differing amounts for each type of booster.

I've thought of replacement production buildings. Things like futuristic vertical farms, for example, which could even just be level 4. Though they still need give us equal production with what is already present, to start. After all, this is primarily a single-player game. The market could just as well be a bot and it could function the same.

9. harley9883

harley9883 User

Nice piece Arsuru

10. billyjim

billyjim User

Again Arsuru well started. Thank you.

11. honeywest

honeywest User

Arsuru, they could hire students that are interning for their studies, not the ones that have graduated, to fix bugs because only internships for those with a completed university degree must meet the minimum wage requirements. They may have canned a few interns that have graduated already, let's hope they get some students in there over the summer and on the weekends, and maybe they can get some stuff done, like weekly maintenance with some old, old bugs. Would be nice to hear from the devs once in awhile too...

12. Geflin

Geflin User

NICE ONE Jess:D Going by your definition....let me thank whomever called me a protagonist ;) BTW, the poll that got us the log in issue bonus code generated less votes than this one...and this one was only open for seven days (the system glitched as I posted it). Maybe the devs will realize there are quite a few disgruntled players and do something different. Like Billyjim said (somewhere) for every one that steps forward and speaks up you can count on a large number who agree but just did not speak up. Applying that proven principle here, with twenty one votes and 99.9% unanimous votes at that, I think we achieved the intent of Sending a Clear Message. My thanks to every one of you who took time to express your thoughts here. I feel all warm and fuzzy seeing RC players actually come together as neighbors to get something accomplished:p

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  13. harley9883

harley9883 User

Well said my friend! Maybe something will get done!
    Cheers

Geflin likes this.
  14. Jess

Jess User

It was pretty clear what was originally meant, given you and a few others around here driving the need/want for changes/improvements to the game

Geflin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.