Thank You Revisited

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Geflin, Jan 21, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geflin

Geflin User

Just putting it out there, thank you Pirate Lee, Tassie Devil, Strider Legs, and of course all the techs that have worked so had on the recent log in and loading bugs. I don't know about the rest of the USA, but Lincoln, NE seems to be back online. True, the game is running a bit sluggish and the blue loading screen is sized wrong with two of four border areas showing white....but I can get in and I can play, and what would RC be with no bugs at all, right? (just joking there). It is good to be back, have been going bonkers. Thanks everyone, for your time, efforts, and willingness to pass on information from us players. Now, sprinkle a load of virtual D-Con all over the place, set off a virtual Raid fogger or two, and let's play. Yay!:D

2. billyjim

billyjim User

I agree it is great to be back. Just spent the last four hours getting the city back in shape. Spent a couple of million of CC's on RI's that had expired, building a new powerplant, and spent all of my MM's on decoration to bring my mood back to normal. But loving it! What are a few little bugs between friends :D

3. Geflin

Geflin User

*Sings: This bug is your bug, that bug is my bug, from Rising Cities, here is a bug hug...... (to Tune of This Land is Your Land, This Land is My Land)* Yes, so much to do, upgrades to finish and such. Events to do, CC's to gather and spend. *....This bug was made for you and meeeeeeeeeee*

4. billyjim

billyjim User

Poor Woodie Guthrie is spinning in his grave. Or maybe not since he varied the song at almost every performance. Or would "We built this city" from the Starship be a better theme song fot the game. :D:p

Back on subject: Dear Mods I know you send these comments on to the powers that be. Oh great "Powers that Be" please, please tell the people that did the grunt work that we do appreciate their effort. Thank you.

5. Geflin

Geflin User

*puts on bug costume, gets on knees and begins supplications* Oh Great Powers That Be.....hear this simple bug and grant my wish.....please do thank all those who worked so hard to get RC back up and running Thank You. (See, Billyjim, if you wear one of these they see you faster, right?):D

billyjim likes this.
  6. billyjim

billyjim User

Oh yeah they would see this beg fat juicy bug hiding in a piece of drift wood on the shore. Then they would step on me and I would be crushed. Uck. Not a good result. I will burrow a little deeper into my log. As I lay out prostrate in supplication to the great, almighty "Powers that Be":

Thank you for the blessing of reviving our communication to the greaat Rising Cities servers. So we your humble servants can once again access our beloved cities and receive your bounty. ​

7. Geflin

Geflin User

*again with laughing my feathers off* Gonna run outta feathers...........:D

billyjim likes this.
  8. billyjim

billyjim User

I have said this before. I can not wait to see a bald owl. I have seen a bald eagle, naked mole rat, but never seen a bald owl. Where are my pictures. ;)

9. Geflin

Geflin User

Here you go, one bald owl. Changed it just for you, and yes it is I. Back to bird once you see it.

billyjim likes this.
  10. piche413

piche413 User

I had to do the same thing as billyjim. Had to use all of my decorations in inventory and bought a whole bunch more to get my mood level up to get 100% rent. long ways to go but getting there.

billyjim likes this.
  11. billyjim

billyjim User

Put it back, Put it back. Arrrrrgh. Just kidding. looking good. Missed the owl

12. honeywest

honeywest User

Me thinks me saw Santa... :)

13. Geflin

Geflin User

Ho, Ho, and Ho.....whatcha want for Xmas? I do deliver late when asked nicely :rolleyes:

14. ditter1

ditter1 User

I don't know I had a completely different reaction to the game coming back

I enjoyed playing the game, played it every day for at least 2 hours a day combined got my city hall to level 6, and even spent some real money, I don't think I played long enough for my mood & energy to get screwed up

but since the game came back I think the most I played was 20 to 30 min total at least right now the game is definitely not the draw for me that it was before loading problem

TellusXIV, honeywest and billyjim like this.
  15. billyjim

billyjim User

I was just thinking the same thing. I still love the game but it is not an obsession it use to be. So may have been a good thing to have been away for several weeks. Who knows. Time will tell.

honeywest likes this.
  16. Geflin

Geflin User

Please ignore the spastic and quivering owl in the corner, as he is still suffering RC withdrawal symptoms thank you very much:rolleyes: Actually, I have to agree with you guys...before we had Bugageddon I was playing almost non-stop when I was at home, which was often. Now I find myself logging in every three or four hours (about the time it takes bricks to run) and collecting rent just that once. The upside is I have more time for other things, the downside is my revenues are waaaay down. Heck, I am not even bothering to do the events this week, as the prizes are not needed and land is becoming scarce even with the added playfields. Back on topic (my golly that's getting to be a recurring phrase in forum now isn't it?) I am still very grateful to all who worked their feathers off (do they have feathers?) getting the game back up and running; after all, even if we are playing less we are still playing...and intend to keep doing so.:D

billyjim likes this.
  17. Kiriana

Kiriana User

I took a hiatus all these weeks as I don't deal well with frustration...but Geflin kept me informed. So will add my thanks to all who worked tirelessly to get the boo-boos unboo-booed:D P.S. hey, Geflin, keep your feathers on, that's ahem, well, you know:oops:

18. honeywest

honeywest User

I was totally frustrated that the game wouldn't load. Kept waiting impatiently for two weeks, and then my dad died. He was 81 and went while taking a nap in his chair. (That's how I wanna go.) So, hubby and I had to take a trip out of state for a week to plan and hold the funeral. Was heartbreaking, costly, and very stressful. I sure will miss him. :(

Got home (11-12 hr drive each way) about a week later and promptly came down with this horrific flu; my immune system down most likely from all the stress. Hubby got sick, daughter got sick, hubby's boss got sick, kinda felt like Typhoid Mary... Anyway, finally got to play the game and realized that it had just come back online that day! Had been sorta bummed that I would probably miss a lot of time in the game (because who woulda thought it would take almost four weeks to fix?!), but turns out I didn't miss a thing except, of course, everything I lost in the Antiquity Fair Event. Didn't see anything in the Official Announcements about some type of reimbursement, did I miss something or do we get nothing for our losses? :eek:

billyjim likes this.
  19. piche413

piche413 User

Probably too soon to tell or we won't get anything for the events or lost revenues for anything else while we could not log in.

20. billyjim

billyjim User

Another sad story. Sorry for your loss and hope everyone is better. You did not miss much since the game was down while all of this was happening. No no word yet about any compensation from BP yet.

honeywest likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.