The game is free, but it´s hard to get forward without MM...

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MacMcMac, Aug 1, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacMcMac

MacMcMac User

It says this game is free, but damn its hard to get forward in this game without MM... If I want to reach a fairly high level there are only a few ways. 1: You have your own money so you can buy MM. (I don't have it.) 2: You have parents who think it's okay to buy MM for you. (My parents think its a waste of money) 3: You have a big brother or a big sister who is kind and think it´s okay to buy MM for you (I don't have it). 4: Win a lot of MM often. (I rarely win.)
    So I probably will have gray hair before I get there. Or children of my own who can take over the struggle to reach a fairly high level without MM.
    Lot of love to all you Rising Cities players out there. = )

2. JeQQs

JeQQs User

A little tip for you. Build all the 5 saws, and upgrade to level 3. Its 160 x beam/Hour. Also bricks is pretty expensive, so build as many brickyards as you can.

Im atm level 24, haven't bought any MM and im doing well, so just keep working and you will be fine.

*kimmi* and nabiyonuz like this.
  3. stevem1960

stevem1960 User

I'm level 39 and I've never bought MM so keep at it!

Oliver, nabiyonuz and tpaintdoc05 like this.
  4. billyjim

billyjim User

I agree it is a struggle at first. But, so is life, it will just take time. Do not get to anxious. I have bought MM's once and all it did was knock my city out of balance I suddenly had so much population and became trapped with not enough cc's, products, facilities to handle what I instantly had. :(

How bad did it get: :eek:

I actually bottomed out at a power level of 25 %, Mood level 50 %, Had no cc's, no MM's. It took about six weeks to a two month to dig out of the hole. Eight months later I am still seeing occasional issues from doing this. Buildings I wish I had never built, my cc balance not as high as I would like, etc.

MM's are great, and not everyone goes crazy like I did. It can be like Pandora's Box. So do not fret about not having access to large quantities of them.

Have some good times building your city. You can be proud you built it by yourself.

PS> I am about to turn over to level 42

5. if your cinema works, get them that way. i, also, have purchased them. But it does mess things up. Also, do events, if you can. Alot of them offer MMs, also lots of experience. And that helps you level up faster. I got frustrated also. But I focused on production and oh, also, you get a good amount of workers and students from events and that really helps. You need at least 50% of residences with workers and 40% students and 10% capitalists in the beginning. Then add to or decrease amounts as you feel necessary. That is what your keys are for. Hoard them!!

nervo82 likes this.
  6. billyjim

billyjim User

I suggest 50 % workers 30 % students 20 % capitalist in the beginning. As your city grows students become less vital and next stage is something like 40 % workers and capitalist and 20 % students. I am at 55 % capitalist, 30 % workers, and 15 % students. I rarely change any of my residents, only if I have to complete a challenge. New buildings and leveling up I usually just make them capitalists.

tpaintdoc05 likes this.
  7. there are plenty of other ways to get metromoney(eww.. thats a terrible name; now i see why everyone just uses the abbreviated term)

8. nervo82

nervo82 User

Level 43 and never spent real money.

Best advice is be patient - there is no right or wrong way to do it and no prizes for getting anywhere in a hurry. Many players prefer an aesthetic approach (ie making a more visually appealing city) to just filling all the space with nasty little houses and slogging through the levels with eternal clicking.

9. billyjim

billyjim User

nervo82 is correct. The game is what you make it. The city is yours, you set your goals there is no reward from Big Point for reaching level 75 and a population of 50000 or what ever. The final choice is up to you. If all you are concerned about is leveling up and population growth, you are going to burn out fairly quickly here.

10. your post brings up a question from me: does this game have a final level?

11. billyjim

billyjim User

I do not believe so. Level 75 is the current maximum, but there is nothing to prevent BP from adding more at their pleasure. In addition the game does not stop once you reach the top level, it just keeps going on. This is from reading other peoples posts.

12. Rege

Rege User

My first experience and reaction was the same. Not enough MM to get anywhere with this game, but surprisingly that is not the case. In time, couple of months perhaps you can build a decent and well balanced city. Not as fancy if you would spend real cash, but decent enough. The game is not perfect. Like all of my MM goes into Wind Farms to lower the negative mood factor and large portion of my land still occupies by various power plants and still barely have enough energy. I have 1200 residence and well balanced city, but there is a big turn off for me. I ran out of "greens", like large hedges, fir trees and some flower beds. Only way I can get them by MM or win it. Morally, education point of view and for the player city-designing enjoyment I think these green plants should be unlimitedly available.

*kimmi* likes this.
  13. billyjim

billyjim User

Actually you need to follow your own advice. Give your self some time. If you have the ER system activated and are earning and redeeming medals you will get more of the greenery than you will ever need. I have so much of the stuff it is coming out of my ears. I am actually going through my city and eliminating the lower value decorations and upgrading them for better valued ones at this time. One palm tree replaces eight small oaks and one tulip bed replaces four sunflower patches. Yielding a space savings and no reduction in mood.

tpaintdoc05 likes this.
  14. Geflin

Geflin User

I had a friend buy me some MM once for my BD but it was just the smallest bundle they sell. I used to do the surveys for MM and now looove the Cinema thing. But, my reason for commenting is this: I have a city far huger, and with more diversity, than the cities of my friends who got me into this game (and other friends who have bought much MM). I achieved this not with purchased MM, but the resources gained from playing the game: yes some MM, but mostly event prizes, booster pack and comet pack prizes, and well spent CC's. My production is off the scale because I managed to get seven mills before they placed the five mill limit, and have eight farms all maxed out. I want to encourage you to hang in there and see how much you can accomplish with hard work and shrewd mayoring ;)

TellusXIV and billyjim like this.
  15. billyjim

billyjim User

Well said Sir :cool:

Geflin likes this.
  16. Geflin

Geflin User

Wish they would get the gifting function running under the "Friends" tab. I have over 4 million PP and 1 million EP and would love to help Mac get ahead...as I am sure many of us would. I just hit Level 40, and I know the time and work it takes to get there. Hope you are still playing, Mac :)

17. billyjim

billyjim User

I know the feeling, but, then we got here with out gifts from others so can they. It only takes time and determination. ;)

Geflin likes this.
  18. wizardelo

wizardelo User

its not an action game, is a game of planing and patience. city development is not a race to max lvl.
    levels go quite fast at low-end and i can understand the frustration of unlocking permits and upgrades and not having enough resources to do them all, but it slows down later on, and u can plan and prepare for unlocks and upgrades.
    im at a standstill right now. im hoarding materials and credits for my next upgrades which are not even available yet.
    its also easy to plan with the FAQ's that are provided

billyjim and Geflin like this.
  19. Geflin

Geflin User

Been there too, but have stockpiled and gained from it, standstill all over again, repeat as necessary. Wizardello is so right...this is a game of plan and build, not race to the top. I have so many upgrades yet to do, even for my beginner Level residential houses. But then, that's the whole fun of it. Spreading your time and resources around, building here and there, and seeing what comes of it in the long run.

Oliver and billyjim like this.
  20. Dougzpad

Dougzpad User

Quick question from a new player to the game...How are we supposed to get a bigger city when just 1 upgrade for a house can use
    nearly 100 wooden beams but it takes an hour just to make 8 or 16?....love this game but I think it's a bit of a scam!..FREE TO PLAY should me just that!1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.