Trade In Unwanted Stuff?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Geflin, Apr 17, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Should there be a way to trade in unwanted items (deco, permits, ri, etc.)?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2015.
  1. Yes, and I would like to be able to trade in for MM at a rate reasonable to BP.

70.0%
  2. Yes, and I would like to be able to trade in for CC equal to the CC cost of that item.

46.7%
  3. No, I don't think we need a trade-in system at all.

3.3%
  4. Other (Please state what in a reply to the post)

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geflin

Geflin User

Here's a new and novel idea, one I hope will find support amongst my fellow Mayors. Many of us have accumulated many unwanted items in the course of attaining higher Levels. These could be low output decorations, Classic RIs, additional building permits for houses won in booster packs or events, etc., that we simply have too many of to want to place. What to do, what to do, with these dust gathering unwanteds? I would like to see a trade-in system added to the designer depot tab.
    The basic idea is you could have a click area next to the items in the designer depot that reads "trade in" instead of "place". This would open a menu that allowed you to trade that item back. The two main ideas for what they are traded in are: (1) An amount of MM that is reasonable to BP...I say BP because we would obviously place a higher value than they would, and I think that if they will allow us to trade these things in for MM we need have our expectations be most beneficial to BP...say 1MM for a deco or RI, 5-20 MM for building permits depending on the Level of permit. The MM could then be used to buy other deco or houses we do want, etc. (2) An amount of CC equal to the cost of placing/building that item and say 50 CC for an RI.
    Of course there may be others out there with better ideas than I can come up with as to what we get for the trade in...and I'd love to hear those as well. These (MM or CC) were just the best I could think of. So, cast your vote and speak your piece and let's see what we can come up with to resolve the unwanted items stockpile dillema ;)

captain123456 and wrighty8 like this.
  2. billyjim

billyjim User

This is neither new or novel idea, sorry old bird. Some other suggestions I can remember:
    • trade in low value RI's for higher valued RI's
    • combine building permits to obtain building permits for larger/more expensive buildings. Example Five or six coal fired power plants for a Nuclear Power plant
    • Using RI's for a direct reduction of Mood and or Power needs, with out placing them in a residence. Turn them in and get the corresponding reduction in Mood points and / or Power points.
    These were the ones I can remember. Also the trade for MM's and CC's.

But maybe some one has some more ideas.

3. wrighty8

wrighty8 User

what about trading Production Points and Education Points for mm or cc.

wrighty8 4685170

captain123456 and billyjim like this.
  4. Kiriana

Kiriana User

I am all for either a MM or CC trade in...but am open to any system that allows us to exchange stuff we don't need or want for something we might actually be able to use.

HappyBee and captain123456 like this.
  5. Good evening,

Yes I think there should be away to trade unwanted items also I agree with your post, keep it up. :) :) :)

Yours Sincerely,

Captain

captain123456 | ID 9168786

HappyBee likes this.
  6. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

I wonder what the time frame is on opening the little grey "Gift" box under the Friends button? Would this be a step forward if you could gift or have a wish lift for items ? Not sure what BP's plans are with this, but obviously is/was planned at some stage... :)

7. Krassandra

Krassandra User

I don't think we need extra benefits from trade-in - players already have more than enough permits, decos and money.

8. Geflin

Geflin User

Your comment shows you don't get what the thread is about...trading an unwanted item for equivalent value not for extra benefits.

city8936 likes this.
  9. Krassandra

Krassandra User

Just bulldoze it...

10. city8936

city8936 User

that is a great idea!!!:Dhope it happens!!!

11. billyjim

billyjim User

Just Bulldoze what! I have almost 1500 classic RI's in the design depot. how do I bulldoze those? You can not throw them away or delete them. Placing them in the residences will get you tagged as manipulating the glitch in the system. I have paid for these why can I not exchange these for Luxury, Fancy, or Epic improvements at the appropriate ratios?

HappyBee, wrighty8 and city8936 like this.
  12. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Some kind of trading/selling would be nice, since all you can do is accumulate more than you can build/use. So many modern pier homes…

And the rumored RI workshop comes to mind… Of course, crafting custom RI's would be great, but if all I could do was upgrade, I'd be happy.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  13. Krassandra

Krassandra User

Because the idea of "epic" thing is to be epically difficult to get :p

14. city8936

city8936 User

yes that is what i thought 2 cause i have almost:eek: 3000 of them little buggers and i don't what them.some days i spend 50.000 to 70.000cc on them in a day,and i might get 3 or4 good 1s out of that:mad:.not fair :(we should be able 2 trade or sell some we do it with the building materials:D

15. Krassandra

Krassandra User

Quite fair, considering the benefits they give. Improvements is something like lottery prizes, not regular goods. Otherwise it would be just another way to get more profit.

16. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Yet they give out satellite dishes in the rock festival, surely one of the most desired RIs. Those, the bars and the solar panels are among the better ones given freely in their classes, yet we have terrible chances of getting them in boosters/RI packs. RIs are definitely too expensive for the chances.

Andrewjf likes this.
  17. Krassandra

Krassandra User

As I understand the concept of "Improvements", they're something like pleasant surprise you get from time to time, not a regular stock item you can put in every house to make it more profitable.

18. billyjim

billyjim User

Now I look at improvements as I do for my own home. They are to either make my home more pleasant (increase my mood) or save me energy (reduce my power consumption) or increase my money (raise my cc's or experience points) So that is why I use the RI's in all of my homes. But as time goes by you gather more RI's than you have places to put them. That is the problem we are addressing here.

Geflin and Andrewjf like this.
  19. Geflin

Geflin User

I would very respectfully add that RIs actually are a regular stock item, purchased in the designer depot, and intended to be placed in every house to enhance it's profitability; and that the RI system was specifically created by the devs for this very purpose. The problem is, as wise Sir Cat understands, is the sheer volume of unwanted RIs you accumulate while getting the ones you want/need.

20. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Stock items are exactly what they seem like to me as they were integrated into the game's core function. I don't know how else you could justify the MM needed for the high-level packs that don't even guarantee epics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.