Weekly Poll (04.02.2014)

Discussion in 'Game Discussions & Feedback' started by -Wizz-, Feb 4, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Which theme would you prefer for a third playfield?

Poll closed Feb 8, 2014.
  1. 1. (Ancient) Egypt

7 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. 2. Factory Town

15 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. 3. Theme Park

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. 4. Mountain Area

52 vote(s)
    52.5%
  5. 5. Wild West

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. 6. Sci-Fi/Space

8 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. 7. Land of Ice

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. 8. Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. 9. Fantasy

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  10. 10. Zoo

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Hello Mayors,

This week we have a new poll for you to vote/comment on.
    Please remember that you can only choose one answer and voting ends Friday, 7th February at 24:00.

Your Rising Cities Team.

2. skb13

skb13 User

Excellent news - they're thinking of another playfield. But are they seriously considering most of those options? :eek: The game is called Rising Cities. Visions of elephants chasing dinosaurs across a post-apocalyptic wasteland and zapping them from my spaceship. Hmmm, doesn't sound like Rising Cities anymore. Let's hope it doesn't get to that. :D

Daedalus89, ecthrus and juli1308 like this.
  3. hello, all.
    i vote for mountain area , cause i like Winter , snow and winter festivities as xmas and new year's party.
    plus i need more land for my future residences , land that i expect to have low prices at beginning as it was on seaside.
    thanks.

wildheart50122 likes this.
  4. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

I voted Factory but then I expect to be able to move my power plants and at least some manufacture plants there. Some heavy 40p industrial inspired houses to would be nice.

Sci-fi is always nice and there is already a bunch of fitting houses. Although most of them cost MM.

Mountain is probably easiest as about anything can fit in. Only worry is that we get a bunch of small 4p alp houses. Imo we have more then enough of small houses.

5. if we cant get 40 people housing maybe a minimum of 20 or 30 i can live with that:D

6. I would have to go with Mountain Views with ski resorts and cable trams, luxury hotels, mountain cabins, etc. Maybe have it bordered with forests and waterfalls? Some of the decorations could include ground cover flowers, flowering vines, weeping willow trees, little walking bridges for nature trails, etc. Include nature trails, campgrounds, tents, and the like.

[RO]Turel97 likes this.
  7. chef2684

chef2684 User

Ill go with the wild west ~ Saloons ~Bars~Horse stables~Hotels

ullio likes this.
  8. Daedalus89

Daedalus89 User

I have a suggestion: what about a watery world? No land whatsoever, just water. It's almost like RC's natural course: From green land to the island to the sea.

Different buildings can be build upon different areas of water: Shallow waters, deep calm sea, coral reef area, shark-invested waters, seaweed areas, rapid currents etc. Free roads can be made from flimsy wooden planks; good ones may be sturdy metal walkway with railings.

If you think that it's too similar to the coastal/island playfield than how about we take this idea into an underwater environment... oh just imagine those cute submarines whizzing about, various type of colouful corals as deco, and the little people taking a stroll in their scuba headgears..:rolleyes:

9. BlueTool

BlueTool User

Wildheart covered my thoughts pretty well. I would want the Mountain area also.

Factory, Ice, and Theme Park can all be small elements in the Mountain area and this would be a natural balance for the beach. Also this would be the most appropriate place for the log cabins. Similar to the beach cleanup (trash, driftwood, barrels) the mountain could have a brick/shingle reward instead of the lumber/beams.

All the other ones seem a bit extreme for the current game.

10. -damidami-

-damidami- User

My vote is for Mountain, but also another "vision" of RC it would be interesting. Like Theme Park or Land of Ice.
    I can imagine several Alternative Universe of RC, like Galaxy or waterland, but, in fact, it wouldn't be RC anymore... And there are a lot of games about sci-fi or Fantasy, and this is not RC.

I think with Mountain Area, we could have a lot of cute and particular elements.
    Maybe Inspired by Alpes Little Villages... ^-^ Great for winter and Christmas period. and with fresh and relaxed summer too.
    I live in Italy, close to Milan, and often I go to Dolomites Alpes mountains. Simply wonderful ^-^. If you can... go to Val Gardena *.*!!!!
    I love it! :p

BP Team! Go to Val Gardena and create a wonderful land for us ^______^!!!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  11. What's wrong about 4 people houses? There is no real need in the game for rapidly increasing population. City Hall is the only feature that uses it and even that ends at 5000 for the last upgrade, which was attainable even before lvl 4 for residencies was introduced. :)

Mountains, Wild West or Egypt for me please. :)

12. Geflin

Geflin User

Way to go...was really feeling the land crunch. Mountain area sounds the most versatile, no matter what the buildings are. So that's my vote.

13. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

I want a real city with large and high houses not just an suburban. As it is now I feel it is to few big houses unless I spend MM.
    An other factor is that I want a high pop not that it affect the game in anyway but because it fits with the illusion of a city.

14. Bababandos

Bababandos User

I've got over a hundred houses in my city that started with 4 inhabitants. Most of them are at 16 or 24 inhabitants now, and the total of them makes over 20% of my 10k population.

There were times when saving CC or materials for big houses was slow and boring and made me wonder about whether the game was still fun. During those time it was often the upgrades or introduction of smaller houses that kept me going and entertained.

Smaller houses still accumulate a lot of CC in total. And I actually sort of find them to be the more 'realistic' ones. I mean, look at real mayor cities - they might have an impressive downtown center with a bunch of skyscrapers, but around that center areas of 'normal' houses stretch out for miles and miles...

Not that I don't like large buildings too. But along with every expensive and tiresome big house permit I'll happily take a dozen small house permits that actually display the growth of my city more visually.

nortoncommander likes this.
  15. I certainly agree with the smaller houses on all points. They actually make more CCs than any of the bigger apartment/condo complexes when you stop and figure the CC rewards when collected on time every time. I certainly wish we had more of the smaller houses with several new additions. I don't mind having a few of the larger complexes, but too many make my city unattractive and most definitely not a very good return on my investment with all things considered. The number of my inhabitants is not as important to me as the aesthetic qualities. In the mountain area, there's typically not too many of the taller, unattractive complexes because planners know that it takes away from the natural beauty of the mountain region. Therefore, if we go with the mountain area, we should go with a higher percentage of smaller houses/complexes than the larger ones much like what was done for the coastal region.

nortoncommander likes this.
  16. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Thank Mayors for your votes and comments.
    This poll is now closed, and results will be forwarded to our Dev Team.

The international results are:

Country/
    Option
    BGCSDEELENESFRHUITNLPLPTRORUTRTOTAL
    --
    (Ancient) Egypt935281741817--31387416170
    Factory Town17606621515839--726361410288
    Theme Park419323623715--3137289160
    Mountain Area16186181852208050--18481291016706
    Wild West010823295--06222253
    Sci-Fi/Space4352138384--3441515118
    Land of Ice3212904163--23403382