What happened to good old Rising Cities?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by everybodyin, May 27, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Why dont you go on forum, as often as you used to?

Poll closed Dec 27, 2015.
  1. too many restrictions and rules

12.5%
  2. no reason at all, just moved on to other things in life

75.0%
  3. too many adult users

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. too many childish/immature users

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC used to be the game everyone loved to play back in 2013-2014. I don't know why, but it has seen a decline in users. I enjoyed reading the lively threads by Norton commander and billyjim and all the others! Now, no one talks on the forum :-( This is very sad.

2. Geflin

Geflin User

Granted, Norton Commander only pops in once in awhile; but billyjim is alive and well, as are several of those I've seen around from the past couple of years. Have you read some of the threads lately? Seems to me there's plenty of lively chatter going on these days. In fact, there's more talking going on in forum these days then a year ago, in my opinion. Yes, there has been a loss of players for various reasons...but we've gained a few as well. Hope to see you around in forum some more....perhaps you'll like what you see. Happy Gaming :)

honeywest and Andrewjf like this.
  3. billyjim

billyjim User

Everybodyin -- I find the forum is just as active if not more so now then it was back in the "good old" days of 2013-2014. There appears to be fewer posts at this time is because the game is not nearly as quiky as it was those few years ago. Most of those comments and threads were regarding issues players were having with the game and sharing their woes. I was among them.

We do not have the game crashing on an hourly basis and we generally can get in and most of the time on the first try. Two years ago it would take five or six tries to get to the game. Upgrade and advancements did not work regularly, The cineplex works, yes it works not like two years ago when you watched a move then the system would crash your internet connection. Etc.

This was why the players were talkin so much more often in the good old days of 2013 and 2014. How poor Wizz and Pirate Lee survived I do not know.

I personally have reduced the number of my posts because it was pointed out that I had a tendency to take over a thread and bend it to my choices, hopes, and desires more than what is healthy for the community as a whole. I strongly desire a strong and vibrant forum the more aand different points of view invoved the better. Be courteous, be freindly, be interesting, be here.

So if you want to start some threads and get discussions started go right ahead and start them. We will all like to join in. ;)

4. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

User: 8,293,431.... not quite at Farmarama levels (User: 52,805,175) but still looking healthy :)

Pointed out by whom BJ? Stuff em, post what you like. You're hardly the Spanish Inquisition!

Last edited by moderator: May 28, 2015
    honeywest and Racheengel like this.
  5. billyjim

billyjim User

Oh how to respond I can not make up my mind do I do a reference to "Monty Python" or "Mel Brooks". Oh, well it looks like I just did both :D "The Spanish Inquisition . . . "

honeywest likes this.
  6. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

That's because..... "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!" :D

Speaking of Monty Python, of course around here "Spam" has a whole different meaning! :p

honeywest likes this.
  7. Andrew that type of spam reminds me of my army rations yuck :mad:

Andrewjf likes this.
  8. billyjim

billyjim User

I was leaning more towards Mel Brooks "History of the World Volume ! "The in-qui-si-tion! What a show"

Spam, Spam Spam, Spam.

Andrewjf likes this.
  9. Geflin

Geflin User

I prefer Spam, Spam, Eggs and Spam, tyvm. At least the Cat did not say 'the forbidden word' ;) See, Everybodyin? Plenty going on around here these days. Now, sing along: "I'm an RC Mayor and I'm ok, I chat all night and I build all day...." (somebody please stop Mr. Cleese before he embarrasses himself).

10. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

I wear gawd blimey trousers and I live in a council flat...... lmao

honeywest likes this.
  11. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Sorry Skip, as an ex pat Englishman I'm rather partial to Spam..... Egg and spam... or spam spam egg and spam.... or even better spam spam spam egg and spam.....:p

Geflin likes this.
  12. billyjim

billyjim User

Okay I have had enough! "Spammy, How I lov ya, My dear old Spammy. The folks up North don't no what there missing. My dear old Spammy. . . " Sorry Mr. Jolson I could not resist.

Okay where are you everybodyin? You have to join in to make this complete. As your name implies everybody's welcome. :):cool:

Andrewjf likes this.
  13. Geflin

Geflin User

Right then; and now for something completely different ;) Where'd ya go, Everybodyin?

14. honeywest

honeywest User

I didn't vote in this post because none of it fits for me. I am still posting once in awhile, but working full-time I can only play for any length of time on the weekends. I am not adverse to voicing my opinion, but have become somewhat leery of being misunderstood so am very careful now of how I type what I type. I am definitely not a "politically correct" type of person so it can be difficult.:eek::rolleyes: However, I do tend to want my opinion known and love to post in threads like this one that make me laugh. I am a fan of Monty Python and Mel Brooks being somewhat of an oldster (not retired yet...) and sing "The Inquisition, the Inquisition" whenever appropriate in my life. ;)

On the other topic of this thread, I am a veteran since 2011-2012. I took a break for awhile, but came back because I really enjoy this game. It is much better than any other game of its type, and it has improved so much from when it first came out. I think I have said this before, but I love how colorful this game is. I really like flowers and this game has a lot of them to plant in my City. Even though I have been playing for a long time, I am still only Level 34 and growing. I take my time and don't spend much cash. I do spend some, but have not gone crazy like I did in another BigPoint game (I think I lost my mind, I spent wildly, and that is what I was playing during my break from this game while I was recovering from 4 major surgeries). I think it is important to support the game you are playing with some spending, but I cannot go back to spending wildly on something that is in all actuality just virtual goods that could be taken away at any time at the whim of the devs. So, I spend with restraint on the things I either really need or the Loot-A-Matic, which I really have fun with.

Andrewjf likes this.
  15. Geflin

Geflin User

As always, Honeywest, it is nice to have you stop by and chat :) Political correctness (in my opinion) is (mostly) for certain (ahem) retentive types....to whom I resoundingly say "neee" (and I still insist they owe us a shrubbery). Not just any shrubbery but a nice one with little flowers and a white picket fence ;)

Have missed your presence but understand how busy life can get. Am glad you posted, because it will help show Everybodyin that RC is far from lost. RC has been improving steadily, albeit slowly. But I think we have more on the way, and every reason to stick by our collective Community :) Happy Gaming....here's your complimentary eggs, Spam, Spam, eggs, and Spam :rolleyes:

Andrewjf and honeywest like this.
  16. billyjim

billyjim User

Hi Honeywest - Politically correct in this luney bin, now you are being truly crazy. Love when you grace us with your prescence and your wits and wisdom always brightens the forum.

So join the party when ever you can and have a sing a long with the rest of us, while we eat our spam.

Geflin If you did not keep tearing those lovely shruberies I have provided for you and the other guests to play with, around, and in. They are quite nice you know.

honeywest and Geflin like this.
  17. honeywest

honeywest User

Thank you my kind fellow players/friends. Ok, now I have to go and bang some coconut shells. Maybe I will find some lupines for my City. ;)

Andrewjf likes this.
  18. Geflin

Geflin User

African or European lupines, coconut laden or non-coconut laden? Of course, the lupines will be in trouble if they run into a certain lapine (because it has terrible claws and huge fangs) ;)

Andrewjf and honeywest like this.
  19. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

The monster raving looney party! :p

20. honeywest

honeywest User

My favorite quote from the Holy Grail:
    Bridgekeeper: Stop. Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.
    Sir Lancelot: Ask me the questions, bridgekeeper. I am not afraid. Bridgekeeper: What... is your name? Sir Lancelot: My name is Sir Lancelot of Camelot. Bridgekeeper: What... is your quest? Sir Lancelot: To seek the Holy Grail. Bridgekeeper: What... is your favourite colour? Sir Lancelot: Blue. Bridgekeeper: Go on. Off you go. Sir Lancelot: Oh, thank you. Thank you very much. Sir Robin: That's easy.
    Bridgekeeper: Stop. Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see. Sir Robin: Ask me the questions, bridgekeeper. I'm not afraid. Bridgekeeper: What... is your name? Sir Robin: Sir Robin of Camelot. Bridgekeeper: What... is your quest? Sir Robin: To seek the Holy Grail. Bridgekeeper: What... is the capital of Assyria? [pause] Sir Robin: I don't know that. [he is thrown over the edge into the volcano] Sir Robin: Auuuuuuuugh. Bridgekeeper: Stop. What... is your name? Galahad: Sir Galahad of Camelot. Bridgekeeper: What... is your quest? Galahad: I seek the Grail. Bridgekeeper: What... is your favourite colour? Galahad: Blue. No, yel... [he is also thrown over the edge] Galahad: auuuuuuuugh. Bridgekeeper: Hee hee heh. Stop. What... is your name? King Arthur: It is 'Arthur', King of the Britons. Bridgekeeper: What... is your quest? King Arthur: To seek the Holy Grail. Bridgekeeper: What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? King Arthur: What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Bridgekeeper: Huh? I... I don't know that. [he is thrown over] Bridgekeeper: Auuuuuuuugh. Sir Bedevere: How do know so much about swallows? King Arthur: Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.

Ok, 'nuff of the funnies, and now for something... serious!

I think a bridge that the people of the City could drive and walk on would be really cool!

Andrewjf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.