Why do mods seem to rush to close out threads ?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by SnuffTheRooster, May 1, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I notice that as soon as a thread receives an answer, the mods are there near instantaneously to identify that the question was asked and answered, and is now closed. I'm not sure what would be wrong with leaving thread open to allow for differing opinions, discussion of a subject etc.

Is there a reason for that ? Just curious.

2. Technical and General Questions are not about oppinion. It's for sorting out players problems and standard game questions generaly directed at mods. That's why once finished they get closed.

Threads in Speakers Corner or Ideas Board usualy stay openned without limit.

"Read this first" usually gives you a rough idea what the section is for.

3. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

It will be much faster and easier for mods if they can concentrate there help on a few open treads. Instead of looking thru a lot of treads that already have got help.
    Maybe a mod can explain it better.

4. thanks norton and tellus for your input, it is spot on, that is the whole idea of closing a threa in these 2 area save doubling up on reading threads again and other players hijacking them, also mods are volenteers who donate their time in this forum
    i believe your question has been answered so happy gaming
    closed

5. Artisan

Artisan Team Leader Team RisingCities

In order to keep our forum organization, old threads need to be moved to Archive. They will be available there for you to reread whenever you need.

oie_OBmKNeFugIWe (2).png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.